Estrella Warbirds Museum is an established and growing 501(c)(3)3 Non Profit Museum is always looking for a individuals to join our team. The Museum has served the Central Coast for over 30 years. If you are a candidate looking for volunteer, part time or even full time position, check out our current openings today. Click on job position for more info/application. Currently available as of 10-1-2023
A. Current Paid Positions Available:
* No paid positions are currently available.
B. Volunteer Positions Available:
- * Aircraft Restoration - We are always open for anyone interested in aircraft restoration, with or without experience but willing to learn. Come on down on any Saturday and introduce yourself to our restoration crew and we can discuss interests and show you the projects we are working on.
- * Docent - Estrella Warbirds Museum - The museum is looking for docents who are familiar with U.S. and modern world history. Interest or specialization in aircraft, armor and ships is always a plus. The docent should be able to read guests to see what their level of interaction needs will be realizing that no two guests are alike. Training will be provided to aid the docent in guiding the guest on the museum's artifacts. Shifts are either 10:00AM-1:00PM or 1:00PM-4:00PM. There is no limit on shifts being worked. Shifts are available Thurs-Sunday.
- * Docent - Woodland Auto Display - The museum is looking for docents who have an interest, love or knowledge base on anything automobile related. Docents should be able to guide guests through the varied and historical collection of Mr. Woodland's automobiles. The docent should be able to read guests to see what their level of interaction needs will be realizing that no two guests are alike. Training will be provided to aid the docent in guiding the guest on the museum's artifacts. Shifts are either 10:00AM-1:00PM or 1:00PM-4:00PM. There is no limit on shifts being worked. Shifts are available Thurs-Sunday.
- * FA-18 Flight Sim Operator - open to those who have an interest in flying and are computer literate. We can easily teach you the software. Must enjoy meeting and talking with strangers.
- * Librarian - Volunteeer - Librarian responsibilities involve: intake and organization of new books and current book inventory, being available at certain point in the week to allow for visitors to utilize the library, be organized, be able to identify books already in the system vs. needed books, be able to converse with library guests on historical topics, be personable and patient. Ability to use Past/ Perfect is not a prerequisite to be selected for the position but the candidate that is picked will be taught how to use that artifact collecting system to manage the library inventory.
- * Gift Shop - The museum is looking for cashiers who smile and make our guests feel welcome both entering and exiting the museum. Basic cash handling skills are a plus with salesmanship and good communication abilities. Training will be provided on the point of sale system as well as gift shop policy and procedures. Shifts are either 10:00AM-1:00PM or 1:00PM-4:00PM. There is no limit on shifts being worked. Shifts are available Thurs-Sunday.
- * Grounds Maintenance - looking for those who might be willing to assist in routine (and sometimes not so routine) grounds maintenance for an expanding facility. Tools not required, general knowledge and willingness to help out is a real plus!.
- * Public Affairs Manager. Do you like writing? Love to get some experience as a reporter? Not afraid to talk with strangers? We're looking for someone who can actively seek out stories (or even take some recommendations) and write up a short article or story about current happenings at the museum, or fun stories of interst on items or people you find interesting at the museum. Must be good with grammer and have initiative. Definitely a fun job!
- * Social Media Poster/Blogger. Here's a fun project. Looking for individual(s) with initiative who are willing love posting to social media! Help us document new items and displays in all parts of the museum while providing posts that will help give people a reason to come down and visit the museum!
- * Vehicle Mechanic - Assists with mechanical issues on active or restorable on site vehicles. We are always open for anyone with mechanical ability and familiarity with gasoline or diesel powered engines. Come on down on any Saturday and introduce yourself to our restoration crew and we can discuss interests and show you the projects we are working on.
- * Vehicle Restoration - Assists in various phases of military vehicle restorations, restoring vehicles to original condition.We are always open for anyone interested in various aspects of vehicle restoration. May be involved in frame up restoration projects. Come on down on any Saturday and introduce yourself to our restoration crew and we can discuss interests and show you the projects we are working on.
Why should I volunteer with a non-profit museum?
Estrella Warbirds Museum was an idea that originated in the minds of two gentlemen with two airplanes. Their vision was to start an aviation museum that would serve the community of Paso Robles. That was 30 years ago and my, how their vision has taken off! We beleive that our mission is ever crucial in this ever changing world.
We are dedicated to the restoration and preservation of military aircraft, military vehicles, and memorabilia of those who flew and worked on military aircraft. Our approach, however, is not to glorify conflict but rather to make a future generation aware of the fact our way of life does not come without sacrifice.
Without the sacrifices of veterans over the years, we would not be here.
If you have any free time and would like to give back a little to your community, we would love to get to know you better and talk with you about options available. We have continued to grow because of the high caliber of people that volunteer with Estrella Warbirds Museum and the Woodland Auto Display.
We believe that one person can make a huge difference! You can be that "one person!" We also believe in recognition! We know that working together can make a huge difference, not just in the lives of those who work here, but also in the lives of many of the visitors to travel from all parts of the world to see what is happening in Paso Robles, California.
Besides, this is a great place to make new life-long friends, working together on a common cause!
Thur., Fri., Sat., Sun. &
Legal Monday Holidays:
Memorial Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day:
10 a.m. - 4 p.m.
Pricing and Special Group Tours (Minimum of 10 or more): Full Information Here
4251 Dry Creek Road
Paso Robles, CA 93446